He who fears the Lord has a secure fortress and for his children it will be a refuge.
Proverbs 14:26

Sunday, April 23, 2017

Day 207

March 9, 2017

Abbey, Maddie and I have done the Dead 2 Red relay for three years but I have to say this year was definitely the most fun.  (especially since I drove and didn't run).  A friend and I drove for Maddie's school team and Abbey was the alternate (as in she rode along on the bus) for the other school team.  Both teams did amazingly well.  The team I drove for did 100 meter sprints ALL NIGHT LONG and finished the 252 km race from the Dead Sea to Aqaba in under 14 hours coming in as the second fastest team, first in the school division.  Someone on our team way smarter than me figured out that the kids average pace was about a 5 minute mile- crazy!  

 I stopped with this post last time I tried to catch back up with pics because I wanted to do a long post about the Dead 2 Red experience but that's not gonna happen...

So here are the pictures from the day it started at 4 that afternoon at the Dead Sea.

Both teams at the beginning...

 Stretching and goofing around...




We drove 2 km down to wait for our first runner to hand off the baton.  This was the only time they were standing around all night...


We took out the middle seat of the van we drove and had mattresses spread out.  Turned out to be a great set up, especially through the night when they would literally fall in after running...
At this point I don't think they'd started running yet... Still pretty happy!

Passing off the baton...

Maddie loved hanging out of the van waiting for her turn. 
  

No comments: