He who fears the Lord has a secure fortress and for his children it will be a refuge.
Proverbs 14:26

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Day 37

September 20, 2016

Election day in Jordan means online school at home for our older girls and just a plain day off for the younger two.  Mostly a very low key day (although Maddie admittedly had several moments of "HOW did I homeschool for 2 years I am going out of my mind being home all day").  Anyway, a very low key day until...

I pulled the bowl of cherry tomatoes out of the fridge that Mads had been snacking on most of the week.  I was going to use the rest for a salad to go with dinner.  As I cut them up, I noticed a couple of those little green guys crawling around in the bowl...

  Ick right?  But I mean really, you can barely see it.   No biggie?  Still I knew it would probably freak Maddie out to see knowing she'd been walking by the fridge grabbing handfuls. 

Yeah, there may have been some screaming.  Possibly heard in the US?  To be fair, she is NOT a girly girl, not freaked out by bugs

(case in point)

...but I think the whole, their were worms (caterpillars-cute ones?) in the bowl of tomatoes was a bit much...

AND THEN...  Abbey, being the amazing big sister that she is, came into the kitchen and started further examining all the cherry tomatoes on the cutting board that I'd already taken out of the bowl and started cutting...

Umm yeah.  Y'all.  Those tomatoes were full of those itty bitty green caterpillars.  They would come crawling out of the middle when you cut them in half.  So YUCK!!!

I think Maddie may have thought we were kidding and had to check for herself...

Sorry babe, weren't kidding.  She's still recovering.  We probably won't have tomatoes for awhile...
(And my apologies to whoever Jason was having a Skype call with when she realized we weren't joking...  so much screeching)

No comments: