He who fears the Lord has a secure fortress and for his children it will be a refuge.
Proverbs 14:26

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Catching up...

Whew!  For a while there I was doing so well with 2, sometimes even 3 posts a week- NOT the last 2 months!  My goodness, do you ever just have one of those seasons of life where you feel like a hamster running around a wheel?  The faster your legs run, the faster the wheel spins and you just. can't. quite. get it all done...  This has been that season for us!

Jason and I actually went to the states together for a meeting WITHOUT kids.  Having flown internationally for the past 10 years always with at least 1, sometimes 2, sometimes 4 kiddos in tow, let me tell you that flying as an adult was, well, a COMPLETELY different experience!  I actually slept.  And watched a movie.  And ate the food (that was possibly a mistake...).  I kept looking around thinking, WHAT? am I forgetting!  During our trip, we had the amazing and unexpected gift of having my mom come and stay with the girls.  It's hard to leave them for any length of time but knowing they were getting Annie to themselves for 10 days was great.  Sadly, we (mom and I) only had about 48 hours together total since she arrived less than 2 days before we had to leave and left 2 hours after we got back, but they are coming back this summer.  After we returned, Jason left 2 days later for another 2 week trip.  Crazy times, I tell ya!  Thankfully, Anabelle's tubes are working like a charm so even thought I'm exhausted from the combination of jet lag and being a single parent, at least we're getting night time sleep!  

So that's where I've been.  I've written lots of fabulous posts in my head, but I've really just had to pull back from internet time just a bit and focus on my family.  It would be a bit weird to have a fabulous blog all caught up about the life we're living but no meals for my fam and an out of control house, right?!

We've had some fun adventures, that in a normal season of life might have gotten complete posts, but for this season, let me just catch up a bit in pictures....

We spent a night at the Dead Sea Marriot resort after Christmas.  It was fabulous to get away from the cold!

These 3 loved the pools! (yes, it was heated, outdoors, but heated)

This little monkey was TERRIFIED of the pool so we opted to just roam around the grounds with her.  If we stayed to close to the pool she was constantly running over asking her sisters if they were "OTAY?"  in a very concerned voice.  

Here we are climbing one of the many sets of stairs on the hotel grounds.  I have no idea what she is doing but her expression cracks me up!

And of course we had to experience the Sea itself...


Coming back from the warmth of the Dead Sea, we were greeted a few days later with an incredibly cold spell topped off by a pretty major snow storm (at least in this part of the world)




We also took a day trip to Petra.  The little girls stayed with some friends while Jason, Abbey and Maddie and I made the hike in to the treasury and beyond.  Really an amazing place!


The girls opted for donkeys up the steepest part of the climb.  I prefer to stay on my own two feet, thank you very much!

Amazing view!

When we finished, we joined up with the little girls and had a picnic overlooking the canyon with some friends from the US.  They brought supplies for s'mores so the kids were super excited!  

Starting a fire to roast the marshmallows with desert brush was a little interesting...

Success!

That smile is worth the effort!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Oh wow! You all have been busy! It looks like you all have been having a lot of fun.