He who fears the Lord has a secure fortress and for his children it will be a refuge.
Proverbs 14:26

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Out my window

One of the first things that attracted me to our new apartment is the amazing sunset we get to see almost every night out our kitchen and living room windows.  It's absolutely breathtaking and different every night.  I love God's creativity!!












 We've also been able to get somewhat of a cultural overview of our new city by looking out our window.  We discovered this year that snow day takes on a whole new meaning in this city!  I thought Memphis, TN was bad, but sprinkle a little snow in the air over here and you have mass chaos!!  Our girls were excited to go down to the empty lot by our house and "play" in the snow.  I was content with the view out my window...






Come to find out, it was a good thing I stayed inside!  Jason ventured downstairs with the girls and got pelted from all directions by neighborhood teenagers who obviously don't' abide by the American snowball rules of no hitting in the head (especially the back of the head) or when a person is obviously retreating to the inside (or not intending to play snow ball fight at all!).  Jason was very gracious though and thankfully didn't make any enemies that day!!

Just a few short weeks later, the view out my window was very different.  I just happened to walk by and saw this herd of sheep grazing right outside my door.  Naomi especially was SO excited and went downstairs to "watch"...



I love that the cars just move out of the way...



Looking forward to what the next season brings out my window...

2 comments:

Tara G. said...

I love the sheep! I just took a photo this morning of one of the domes of the monastery you can see from our window. I had to laugh when our Compassion child asked if I had a rice paddy outside my house...nope, but a whole lot of other interesting things!

Jeni said...

Great post!