He who fears the Lord has a secure fortress and for his children it will be a refuge.
Proverbs 14:26

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Abbey Joy

My sweet baby girl is 12 today- my how time flies!   So hard to understand how they go from this...

(yes,I am sporting the overalls and proud of it..)

and this...

to this..

and this..

right before our eyes...

Abbey as my firstborn you have such a huge chunk of my heart- not a bigger portion than your sisters, just a different portion.  I love you dearly and on days when you think no one can possibly understand (you're entering your teenage years and will have many of those days...), believe me I do.  You are a mini-me not only in looks but in personality.  Honey, I hope you don't ever have a day where you think no one gets you because believe me, I do!  You are oh so stubborn and quite competitive.  You think that you are the most capable of getting things done as shown when one of your first words was "self".  You proclaimed as a toddler that when you grew up you were going to be "in charge".  

You are and always have been a fabulous big sister...



Of course sharing is not always your favorite thing...
(for this full story click here)

You LOVE animals (and for a while there we were afraid that you remembered peoples pets more than you remembered the people) Here's you and your first puppy begging for attention...

Not only are you the oldest child, but also the oldest cousin on both sides.  What a great and important responsibility!  I pray they will look to you as the role model that I see you becoming..




I love how you always have your nose in a book (even though I have to constantly remind you that the dinner table is not the place for it...)




(hmmm- wonder where you learned to read at the table??)


As the first of the Cox drama queens, you take your responsibility very seriously to inject some serious drama into every situation.  You love to entertain and have never been afraid to be just a little bit goofy which I love.  You are comfortable in your own skin...


putting on shows is a favorite family past time- from the time you could say, "I see Addy" when I pulled out the video camera, you have loved entertaining..



And like I said, a little goofy..

We learned early on that ballet was not going to be your strength.  I love you my dear and though you overflow with the grace of God,  graceful you are not...


We learned this year that you're better off with something like basketball or softball...

You are a loyal friend and care deeply for those in your life...
(even from an early age)...



Considering our apt living, I am so thankful for your creativity and the way you inspire creativity in others (especially your sisters)...

camel riders

race car drivers..

We love you Abbey Joy and are so thankful for the beautiful young woman you are becoming!!


1 comment:

Kendra said...

That first picture is so great. I'm pretty sure I had those same overalls :) Happy Birthday Abs!