He who fears the Lord has a secure fortress and for his children it will be a refuge.
Proverbs 14:26

Friday, August 20, 2010

Fun in Dubai

Ok, so the title of this post may be a little deceiving since, in my opinion, it's kind of hard to have fun in a place that is so incredibly hot.  As you will see from the below pictures, that is totally MY opinion as our kids managed to have a blast.  Me, I tend to have the most fun in the great outdoors, and lets face it, the outdoors are not so great when it's 110 degrees- and we weren't even there in the hottest part of the summer!  However, I will say that the Emirates have truly mastered the art of indoor entertainment, and I don't think we even saw half of it!  We begin our trip to Dubai with lunch in the largest mall in the world followed by ice skating.  Yep, I said ice skating.  Kind of made me flash back to my childhood and the Mall of Memphis.  Anyway, the girls were SOOO excited and Abbey and Maddie had a blast...


Naomi thought she was going to have a blast...

but that quickly changed...

She wasn't too excited about letting go of the wall..

Abbey caught on quick

as did Maddie...

Thankfully our next Dubai adventure was more up Naomi's alley...

The next day we headed to the Children's Museum (can't actually remember what it was called), and, like I said, it was much more to Naomi's liking...
Life sized bubble making..

Driving your own car..

Video games with Dad (this was very educational, people... )

And what Middle Eastern children's museum would be complete without simulated camel rides??...

and magic carpet rides...

AJ and Maddie had fun too.  Maddie quickly found a rope swing that was right up her alley.. (I'm telling you this was an educational place, it's just that the non-educational stuff is so much more fun to take pictures of...)


And Abbey entertained herself with this life-sized... (what do you call these things, anyway?)




For our last evening in Dubai, we just couldn't resist the ferris wheel. (spell check is not happy about that- how do you spell ferris wheel anyway? I'm trying to do better for all of you who can't help but edit while you read...).   Anyway, check out this ferris wheel...

For one thing, it was massive which thrilled the girls...
Pretty high up there...

But what Jason and I marveled at, was the fact that each individual compartment had AC!
only in Dubai...




4 comments:

angela said...

wow. that looks like so much fun. I am totally bummed i never got to go to dubai! esp to that mall, haha.. love yall!

jccvi said...

Does it have mosquitoes?

I'm pretty sure I can handle any kind of heat if I can go out at night without being dinner.

embc said...

FUN! That all looks great and I'm a big fan of a place that puts AC in their carnival rides. I agree with John, heat is fine without the bugs swarming you.

AJ said...

that ferris wheel picture should be sold in IKEA!