He who fears the Lord has a secure fortress and for his children it will be a refuge.
Proverbs 14:26

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Sometimes they'll surprise you

Last week was a REALLY long week as far as being home bound.  It poured down rain every day which in this city severely limits the amount of activities that kids can do outside the house.  In their defense, the girls were great overall.   We had fun in the house and didn't go too stir crazy. 

I'll be the first to admit that somehow I ended up with three VERY girly girls.  Those of you who knew me as a child, feel free to disagree, but I don't think I was a really girly girl.  I much preferred being outside, playing sports etc. to playing Barbies, dolls or dress up.   Anyway, my girls- not so much.  They love Barbies, polly pocket, fashion designing, playing dress up, you name it. 

So imagine my surprise the other day at the end of one of our home bound days, when I walked into the living room and found this....



They had gotten out the Risk game and set up a full blown battle scene.  Granted, it's color coordinated and somewhat organized neatly on the table, but still I was surprised by the change of pace! And, yes, in the middle of the battle, Naomi is wearing her pink princess dress.   Oh how a boy would turn our world upside down!!




No comments: