He who fears the Lord has a secure fortress and for his children it will be a refuge.
Proverbs 14:26

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Valentine's and other catching up


Well the lapse in posting simply means that we have been very busy so hopefully I'll have lots of things to share in trying to catch up. This entry will be current and then I"ll jump back a couple of months to try and catch up on some things I've missed.


Valentine's day is usually pretty uneventful around here in that in 2005 a major political figure was killed so now each year there is a big rally and it's kind of a "lay low" day for Americans. This year we made our usual strawberry cake and Maddie went on a decorating frenzy with our pink construction paper. Jason and I actually got to go out for the evening because things remained calm all day so we took advantage of it. We tried to go shopping (here- there are two sales a year- August and February and if you don't take advantage of it you WON'T find decent prices). I say "tried" because I ended up immensely frustrated with stupid jeans. The zippers are only an inch long, the legs are extremely tight, and I seem to wear a size three sizes bigger than what I would wear in American styles. UGHH! AND, the price is at least three times what I would think I should pay... ANyway, thankfully we went to see a good movie to redeem the bad shopping experience! I highly recommend the movie Traitor.

4 comments:

jccvi said...

What is Maddie wearing?

Kelli said...

An indian costume that she made at Christ Methodist and still sleeps in- used to be a dress, now its a t-shirt...

AJ said...

fabulous job posting! thanks for all the work you put into this – it is such a special treat.

Kendra said...

just wait til you're back in the states and you're a size 4 or 6 again (or whatever little size you wear)! It will be bliss :)