He who fears the Lord has a secure fortress and for his children it will be a refuge.
Proverbs 14:26

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Happy Halloween!




With Jason being out of town this week AND the girls being out of school all week we've had plenty of time to do lots of fun Halloweenish things. We carved a pumpkin for the first time ever, I think. Maddie especially loved it. She stuck wiht me the whole way. Abbey got bored pretty quick and went to read and book and told us to call her when we were done. Here's some pics- I thought the girls expressions were pretty priceless...


Removing the inner goop from the pumpkin (this is where Abbey started losing interest...)








To the right is where Maddie realized that Abbey was losing interest and started using it to her advantage. ie: slinging pumpkin goop everywhere













Like I said, Maddie stuck with it and wanted to be involved every step of the way. We had this cool pumpkin carving kit that I got at target in the states that allows you to trace a pattern onto the pumpkin using these nifty little tools.





And the finished product! They were all so proud of our "wink and a smile" pumpkin!

4 comments:

jccvi said...

I think I may be off the hook on this one, since Sarah Ann calls our pumpkin a "jackylantern." She did ask if she could have a "cave jackylantern" which might mean I have to hollow it out, though the squirrels have already started on it for me.

embc said...

i let sarah ann paint her pumpkin...i think it might get me out of carving one.

Kelli said...

This was a first for us- by all means put it off a few years if you can! Although I'll admit it was fun...

Kendra said...

Looks like fun :) Wish I could play!